Tuesday, April 17, 2007

No Title

Just set up this page and hopefully will start writing something here .. an interesting question arises immediately --> why do I wish to do this ... what is the need to write, what purpose is it serving .... how come humans have evolved so many abstractions. Communication in animals is purposeful and related to survival and we have evolved such complex networks of purposeless(?) interaction. Are we really successful as a species ... after all the aim of any species is to maximize its survival and dominate "nature" ... so how does one define domination ? Is our success and domination measured by our numbers ? I think it is .. our success as a species is commendable .. we have taken over this planet. What puzzles me is the fact that in order to be so successful we have had to develop so many complex abstractions while a simple virus does the same with much less complexity .... of course triviality and complexity are subjective issues and are hard to define.

So I join other members of my species and to try and broadcast some of my thoughts. Before signing off I ask a question that frustrates me --> Why is existence not like a computer program .. If I want to change the working of some program, I reverse engineer it ... wish I can do that with life.
No TitleSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: